[sane-devel] Problems with Epson 3490 Photo

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sun Mar 5 10:10:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

> [snapscan] usb_read Only 64 bytes read
> [snapscan] usb_read: reading:  0x06 0x00 0x02 0x02 0x49 0x00 0x00
> 0x00 0x45 0x50 ...
> [snapscan] Read 64 bytes
> [snapscan] inquiry: snapscan_cmd command failed: Error during
> device I/O [snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: error in inquiry command:

This seems to be a problem with the inquiry command. I got a similar
message from another user. I have a (yet untested) fix for it which I
can send to you, but it requires recompiling the sane-backend
package. Another workaround is an older firmware file. If you're
interested in testing either fix please contact me.

/Oliver