[sane-devel] Dark pictures with sane and Canon Lide 60

Dieter Bloms dieter at bloms.de
Thu Mar 9 13:41:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

there is a different, when I scan the same image under windows with the
origin software and iunder linux with sane.
Under linux the picture is too dark and it seem that the dark parts are
not detected by sane.

Is this a known problem ?

I've made a histogramm of both images, which can be shown here:

http://www.bloms.de/downloads/hist_lin.png
http://www.bloms.de/downloads/hist_win.png

Both picture are made with a gamacorrection of 2.20 and 150dpi 16bit

If someone is interessested by the origin pictures, I will send you a
private mail with a link to them.

--snip--
bld at notebook:~> scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.17; backend version 1.0.17
bld at notebook:~>
--snip--

--
Gruß