[sane-devel] modularize sane-backends

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue Mar 14 18:07:18 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I'm going to modularize the sane-backends package.

My current plan is to split it into an libsane package and
separate ones for each driver. At first, I'll supply patches
against the monolithic tree to just build one package,
later I'm going to splitt off the tree.

At this point I'm going to move to automake (yes, I hate it
too, but my own buildsystem is not usable yet) and consequently
use pkg-config. Generation of the -config scripts will be an
optional feature, for compatibility, until it becomes obsolete.

Anyone who likes to join me here ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de