[sane-devel] Avision AV820C Plus flatbed scanner - ADF

Philip Rhoades phil at chu.com.au
Thu Mar 23 03:57:43 UTC 2006

Allan, Ren,

I can't get the ADF to work with this scanner - when I use:

scanimage --device-name=avision:/dev/sg0 --format=tiff --mode="Line Art"
--resolution=200 --source=Normal --batch

it works OK for the flatbed but if I change source to "ADF" or
"Transparency" I get an error message:

scanimage: setting of option --source failed (Invalid argument)

It seems that the software is autodetecting the flatbed and not adding
the extra source mode "ADF"?:

  if (dev->hw->feature_type & AV_FILMSCANNER) {
    dev->scanner_type = AV_FILM;
    dev->sane.type = "film scanner";
  }
  else if ( BIT(result[62],6) || BIT(result[62],4) ) {
    dev->scanner_type = AV_SHEETFEED;
    dev->sane.type =  "sheetfed scanner";
  }
  else {
    dev->scanner_type = AV_FLATBED;
    dev->sane.type = "flatbed scanner";
  }

How can I force the scanner to use the ADF?

I did try the scanadf program but that scanned from the flatbed as well.

Thanks,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:0411-185-652