[sane-devel] problem with Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner in FreeBSD

breach0r breacher at telenet.be
Thu Mar 23 14:18:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tried, now sane-backends-1.0.16_2 is installed, i still get I/O error when
trying to init the scanner. I/O error the first try and device unavailable the
next tries. set SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 no longer produces any output (but i
tried in csh should i try with export in bash?).

i see other problem with 1.0.16 on the mailing list should i try and revert to
an even older version?

in the meantime let me try upgrade back to the latest version in the ports
tree ... doesn't help.

I really have no idea what's wrong with the backends.