[sane-devel] Any further with canoscan LiDE 500F?

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Sat Mar 25 23:01:06 UTC 2006

Jeff Shrowder schrieb:
> Michael and Pierre,
>
> Looking through the archives I see a number of postings on developing a
> driver for the Canon Canoscan LiDE 500F. How far did you get?

I didn't do any further work, apart from those postings. I don't know if
Michael made any progress.

If you are willing to add code for the Canon Canoscan LiDE 500F, I am
able to help you with some of the driver related aspects. You still need
to figure out the scanner specifics, like how to switch between full ccd
resolution and half(to name something more obscure). This involves hours
of experiments, good guesses, and a lot staring at usb logs.

Regards,
  Pierre