[sane-devel] Benq 5300U not working with sane-backends-1.0.17

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 28 21:41:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Here goes, with first sane-find-scanner and then with scanimage -L,
> both
> as root:

The interesting information is after the firmware download, which
doesn't happen with scanimage -L. You can send the (compressed) log
of a regular "scanimage" command to me in a private mail.

> You will notice from the above that both sane-find-scanner and
> scanimage
> -L detect it as FlatbedScanner 22, not the correct FlatbedScanner 24.

You'll see FlatbedScanner24 only after the firmware download. The
firmware changes the ID string. Flatbed Scanner 22 should be ok
initially.

/Oliver