[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2100U, working driver!

Patrick Lessard palessar at cgocable.ca
Wed Mar 29 22:07:30 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 16:26, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2006-03-29 11:03, Patrick Lessard wrote:
> > I've patched the umax1220u-common.c in the u1220 backend to make a 2100U
> > work.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Here is the file attached, just overwrite it and recompile.
>
> C++-style comments ("//") are not allowed and removing the license

Ok I'll correct that.

> header is also not nice :-)

Sorry didn't mean to do that, it was to simplify the code when debugging.

I thought that the license was a general template added by sane masters!

> Actually I can't test if it works due to lack of hardware.
>
> > Of course we need a way to incorporate it without affecting the 1220U.
>
> Can't you decide by the USB product id which code to use?

Yes I can do that. The question is, can I modify many source file without
asking first? I mean someone will have to validate that at one point?

> Bye,
>   Henning

Thanks.

Patrick.