[sane-devel] OCR software

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon May 15 11:22:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sunday 14 May 2006 04:39, Greg Furmanek wrote:
> Hi gang :-)
>
>     I have been lurking on the list for quite some time.  There are a
> lot of good info
> I got from you guys.  I am just wondering if you have any
> recommendations  when
> it comes to open source OCR libraries.  It would be nice if they were
> portable to win32
> but not necessary.  I am mostly interested in the recognition algorithms
> and techniques.

There are some open source OCR engines available - you might
like to review:

http://jocr.sourceforge.net/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/ocrad/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/claraocr/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/ocre/

However for my taks none has an recognition ratio high
enough to be useful :-(

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rebe.name