[sane-devel] Lexmark X1190 scanning, but not, but then again it might be

Bryn Nobbs brynnobbs at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 19:22:49 CET 2006

Hi all, im having a problem with my Lexmark all-in-one X1190, I am under the
impression the scanner is supported by the Lexmark backend but when I try to
scan anything firstly the scanner makes a lot of noise for around 30
seconds, then it seems to find home and scan.  The problem is that once it
has scanned I just get a lot of coloured stripes as the output? It looks as
though the scanner is working, but the backend isn't understanding what the
scanner is sending to it.

Also if I run scanimage -T the scanner doesn't seen to do anything and the
program just hangs, if I press ctrl-c to quit it responds with trying to
stop scanner and then just hangs again, a second ctrl-c is required to exit,
then a reboot to get any functionality from the scanner again.  Not sure if
it helps but the printer works perfectly, in fact its better than it was
under windows. I have included the output of scanimage -V if it helps, but
I'm at a loss!

# scanimage -V

scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.18; backend version 1.0.18

also, not sure if this helps either, but im running Debian Unstable and have
installed sane-utils and sanelibs-dev from the Unstable repository. The
machine is a 266Mhz ARM based NSLU2

 Thanks for any help you guys and gals can supply me with!