[sane-devel] epson2 backend / Epson Film Scan 200 / TCP-IP support

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Nov 9 00:43:26 CET 2006

Jaroslaw Gorny <jaroslav at aster.pl> writes:

> Dnia środa, 8 listopada 2006 00:38, Olaf Meeuwissen napisał:
>> >
>> > I've got Perfection 2580 Photo. The thing that doesn't work now is
>> > automatic film transporter.
>> > I'd be glad to help you in testing new backend.
>>
>> Sorry but that will not work.  The Perfection 2580 PHOTO and FilmScan
>> 200 use different protocols.
>>
>> The reason that the epkowa backend can support this model
>
> Olaf, saying 'this' You mean FilmScan 200 or Perfection 2580 Photo?

Sorry for not being clear.
I meant to refer to the Perfection 2580 PHOTO.

>> is because  it allows the use of the non-free binary-only plugin that
>> converts between the protocols.
>
> AFAIK Perfection 2580 Photo works with epkowa and snapscan backends. But
> neither of them supports transparency unit.

True, the 2580 can be used with the snapscan backend as well.  The
epkowa backend should let you select the transparency unit (TPU),
IIRC.  However, the automatic film loader (AFL) is *not* supported.
You will have to move the transparencies by hand yourself :-(

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/