[sane-devel] Sane continuous paper scanning

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Oct 7 08:34:44 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 13:32, m. allan noah wrote:
> many scanners have internal limits on the length of a scan. even the
> high-dollar fujitsus usually have a 35 inch limit. this is not a driver
> problem, but a scanner firmware problem. you may be able to find some
> particular scanner that does not have this limitation. contact the
> manufacturers?

The latest Avision AV220C2 can nearly scan 1 meter. And I was told by an
Avision developer that I can get a firmware mod to scan any range you want.

If you want to give it a try just drop me a note and I'll contact them
regarding this special firmware flavour.

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45