[sane-devel] CanoScan LIDE 25 (was: Bad quality image problem)

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:13:32 UTC 2006

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

> When I scan a photo with:
>
>  $ scanimage --mode Color > photo.pnm
>
> , it comes out striped and faded, and I get the output:
>
>  [gt68xx] gt68xx_afe_cis_auto: setting exposure reached limit
>
> . Can anyone suggest a possible solution?
> It's an USB Boeder SmartScan on Debian Sarge.

Supposing it was the scanner (almost 5 years old), I bought a brand new
CanoScan LIDE 25. It seems to be seen by `sane-find scanner', in fact:

 # sane-find-scanner

 [...]

 found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2220 [CanoScan], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:001:003

. At http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
it is said that the device is supported by the plustek backend.
Please can anyone suggest where I can find it and how I can install it?

Thanks,
Rodolfo