[sane-devel] how to install new sane backend

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:48:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

El Wed, 18 de Oct de 2006, a las 06:20:31PM +0200, Istvan Gabor dijo:
> I am using suse 10.1.
> I have the packman suse sane package installed (sane-1.0.18-
> 0.pm.2).
> Now I'd like to setup a HP-Scanjet 4370 scanner which is not
> supported by this sane package.  However I found a package at
> debian, libsane-extras which does support this scanner.
> I've downloaded the source, compiled and installed w/o
> problem.  The files of the new backends were put to:
> config files: /usr/local/etc/sane.d
> la and so files: /usr/local/lib/sane

I'm not sure but debian package libsane-extras contains hp3900 backend
version 0.6 which doesn't support your device. Current version (0.7)
does support it. There's available a rpm package for your distro at:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hp3900-series/hp3900-sane_bin_suse_0.7-2_i386.rpm?download

It's tested with official SANE packages provided by your distro and
works well.

Jonathan Bravo Lopez