[sane-devel] Debian 3.1, Minolta Film Scanner - Install fails

ableape renaldo at ableape.us
Sat Oct 21 19:42:27 UTC 2006

Using Debian 3.1 with kernels at 2.4.27

Attaching Minolta Dimage Dual Scan over a SCSI interface AHA 2940UW
which is working.

after the apt-get,  the scanner cannot be found.  There is no
dev/scanner  in this release of Debian... I am not sure
which device is supposed to be a scanner.  There are a lot of
/dev/usb/scannerN in the release.

Is there a work around?  If someone could explain how to do this or
point me to a resource I would greatly appreciate it.

There will be lots of old high quality film scanners circulating for years.

Thanks.