[sane-devel] ScanJet 5300c

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Oct 23 06:24:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sunday 22 October 2006 22:02, en wrote:
> [avision] attach: opening libusb:001:004
> [avision] attach: open failed (Invalid argument)
> [avision] sane_init: Trying to find USB device 3f0 701 ...
> [avision] attach:
> [avision] attach: opening libusb:001:004
> [avision] attach: open failed (Invalid argument)

you hit a recent Linux kernel bug with USB 1 devices on USB 2 controllers. I
had no time to debug this yet. It would be wonderful if you could bug the
linux-kernel until they get this fixed.

You should also have associated messages from your kernel you can see via
dmesg.

As intermediate sollution you could run an older kernel, 2.6.16 or so should
do.

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45