[sane-devel] Samsung SCX4100 networked scanner

Lewis Brunton lb at lewisbrunton.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 14:15:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a clarkconnect server setup with the aforementioned mfp
connected via usb - (this is so that I can use the provided binary
linux scanner driver!)

I want to use it with my Intel Mac with OX 10.4.7 which has SANE
installed. SANE standalone appears to be working on the clarkconnect
server and having followed the instructions on http://penguin-
breeder.org/sane/saned/ I think I have saned working, but I don't
seem to be able to pick up the networked scanner on the Mac. I think
I'm pretty close close to getting it working, but could use a little
help.If I issue the commend:

SANE_DEBUG_NET=128 scanimage -L

I get the following debug output:

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of net to 128.
[net] sane_init: authorize = 0x1e4c, version_code = 0xbffff61c
[net] sane_init: SANE net backend version 1.0.13 (AF-indep+IPv6) from
sane-backends 1.0.18
[net] sane_init: Client has little endian byte order
[net] sane_init: searching for config file
[net] sane_init: trying to add clarkconnect
[net] add_device: adding backend clarkconnect
[net] add_device: backend clarkconnect added
[net] sane_init: done reading config
[net] sane_init: evaluating environment variable SANE_NET_HOSTS
[net] sane_init: done
[net] sane_get_devices: local_only = 0
[net] connect_dev: trying to connect to clarkconnect
[net] connect_dev: [0] connection succeeded (IPv4)
[net] connect_dev: sanei_w_init
[net] connect_dev: net_init (user=lewisbrunton, local version=1.0.3)
[net] connect_dev: argument marshalling error (Connection reset by peer)
[net] connect_dev: closing connection to clarkconnect
[net] sane_get_devices: ignoring failure to connect to clarkconnect
[net] sane_get_devices: finished (0 devices)

[net] sane_exit: exiting
[net] sane_exit: closing dev 0x300b70, ctl=-1
[net] sane_exit: finished.

It seems to be doing okay until the line that says: [net]
connect_dev: net_init (user=lewisbrunton, local version=1.0.3)

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Lewis