[sane-devel] Re: Requesting progress on CanoScan 4200F

Wolfgang Sailer c1251008 at mail1.uibk.ac.at
Wed Sep 13 16:00:21 UTC 2006

Hi!

I have a CanoScan 8400F. As far as I can see from the specification
pages of the 2 scanners on sane-project, they share exactly 1 chip and
have a very similar second chip. However USB chip seems to be differnt.
Also, from the specification on the canon homepage they seem similar.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I am not a programmer but willing to
help in the development of the genesys-backend (to which the 8400F is
supposed to be added). So perhaps, a very similar driver will drive both
scanners, at least in the basic functionality. Perhaps I could help you?

Greetinx,
Wolfgang Sailer