[sane-devel] scanning slowness

Denis.Roegel at loria.fr Denis.Roegel at loria.fr
Fri Sep 22 22:46:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

having moved from a old version of xsane (ca. 2001) to the latest
one in Ubuntu, I am faced with serious speed problems:

  - in the old xsane, when I previewed a page, I was able to select
    the scanning area as soon as the carriage was moving backwards,
    and therefore before the scanner was at rest; now, I have to wait
    that the scanner (an old Epson Perfection 1240U) has the carriage
    in the initial position; this is a huge waste of time for me;
    can this be changed?

  - once a file is scanned, it is saved, but saving takes a huge
    amount of time, something that didn't happen with the old xsane,
    and with the same scanner and the same computer; can this be improved?

Thanks,

Denis