[sane-devel] How to Copy to network printer

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Aug 1 13:00:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 10:27:13 Kåre Särs wrote:
> Try: 'scanimage --help' to get a list of parameters you can add. If you have
> more than one scanner add -d [scanner] before '--help', my Epson scanner has
> geometry parameters -l, -t, -x and -y.
>
> Kåre Särs
>
> On Wednesday 01 August 2007 08:46, Jean-Gabriel Duquesnoy wrote:

> > > scanimage | lpr
> >
> > this works when using only SANE, but the result is that the printout
> > is scaled down asmy scanner is able to scan more than A4 the format
> > of my printer.
> > I have tried using XSANE, but it does not send the output to my
> > printer. I have no idea what is happening here or what I am doing
> > wrong. As I cannot give SANe the size to scan, at least I did not
> > find the parameter to do so, I need to use some frontend allowing me
> > to define the scanning range.
> >
> > Thanks for any advise how to solve this issue.

The problem is more likely not the geometry option, but that Cups
"randomly" scales "pure" image data to "best fit".

You need to feed a PS or PDF to CUPS in order to let it print the image
data without scaling.

You can plug a tiff2p{s,df} in between, or use a more full blown
applications that saves PS/PDF files.

Yours,