[sane-devel] HP 4890 - Anybody working on it?

wfp at shoestringprojects.com wfp at shoestringprojects.com
Thu Aug 2 21:21:48 UTC 2007

At 10:08 PM 2007-08-02 +0200, you wrote:
> Hi gerard, Hi list,

http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=hew&model=4890&bus=usb&v=
&p=

>> (seems a GL843 chipset, genesys backend in futher maybe)
>
> Does this mean somebody is working on it, or is this just a collection
> of information for potential developers...?
>
> Thanks for your answer,
> Nils

I have one of these too, using with w2k. The software supplied is
horrendously enormous, and I'd rather use it with Linux anyway.

I've never done a Linux driver, much less a SANE driver, but I used to be a
programmer, and have been thinking of taking a look. In fact, that's
exactly why I subbed to this list.

Not at all sure where to begin, however ...

regards,
Bill (OldProfessorBear) Phillips