[sane-devel] Epson 3490 quirk?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Mon Dec 10 07:56:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 07.12.2007, at 15:26, Patrick wrote:
> I have an Epson 3490. It did work in Ubuntu Edgy but not too well.
> If I
> used it in Windoze and then Ubuntu it worked fine. However if it
> was not
> re-initialized under windoze every so often it would not work.
> but I get this message when I use xsane:
>
> Failed to open device 'snapscan:libusb:005:002";
> Invalid argument
>

> Someone posted a configuration file fix but I can't find any
> mention of
> a firmware file in test.conf
>
> you then edit /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf and replace :
>
> firmware /etc/sane.d/test.conf
>
> with the full path to the firmware and it should work fine and dandy !

You need to replace /etc/sane.d/test.conf with the path and filename
to your firmware file. The firmware file can be found on your windows
driver CD and is named esfw52.bin. For additional information see
http://snapscan.sourceforge.net . If you don't get it to work feel
free to contact me.

Regards,

Oliver