[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1670 USB on Mac 10.3.9

andy whelan bgbghq at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 04:51:05 UTC 2007

Hello,

First off let me say that I am an absolute novice when it comes to any kind
of a command line interface, so go easy on me.

Here's my problem. I have installed: sane backends 10.0.18 and libusb 0.1.12

on a G4 macintosh running MacOS 10.3.9 and I can't get my scanner to work
using scanimage.

This is what happens:

Andy-Whelans-Computer:~ andywhelan$ sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x067b, product=0x2303) at
libusb:001:003-067b-2303-00-00
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x011f [EPSON Scanner]) at
libusb:002:002-04b8-011f-ff-ff
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.

Which sounds okay to me. Then:

Andy-Whelans-Computer:~ andywhelan$ scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 2.
[snapscan] add_usb_device: error opening device
libusb:002:002-04b8-011f-ff-ff: Invalid argument

And that's all I know. It sounds to me like SANE doesn't like what it's
getting from libusb, but like I said, I'm pretty inexperienced with this
stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy