[sane-devel] permission request

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Tue Dec 18 14:03:59 UTC 2007

 To:
	Gerhard Jaeger
	Henning Geinitz
	Julien Blache
	Oliver Rauch
	Petter Reinholdtsen
	M. Allan Noah

 Hello SANE Admins,

  I would like, in the interest of the SANE community of users and developers,
 to kindly ask the permission to add some much required frame types to the repository.

  Given that:

 - some types are already in use by in-repository backends
 - other types are in use by external backends
 - the JPEG frame type has already been added
 - any well written frontend will not notice the change
 - the new types are not active by default

  I ask you to ease the work of backend authors
 and allow this much requested change.

  Thanks in advance for your time and for your answer.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy