[sane-devel] The future of the SANE-Standard

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Dec 24 18:32:09 UTC 2007

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:

>  btw... I made an extensive search on the net and on the archives
>  about -lsane-backend vs -lsane and found none... so, in case,
>  we are not going to break anything :)

All the backends have a soname of "libsane.so.1".

And you're unlikely to see that in a public project. Most of the time
the faculty is used by custom frontends to link statically with one
backend, it's little used at runtime but it's also a possibility.

Loosing or breaking this behaviour is not an option.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169