[sane-devel] Epson perfection 4990

Claus Boje claus at egehuset.dk
Fri Dec 28 23:08:53 UTC 2007

Fredag den 28. December 2007 skrev Alessandro Zummo:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:18:49 +0100
>
> Claus Boje <claus at egehuset.dk> wrote:
> > Davs
> >
> > The epson perfection 4990 is working best with the epson2 driver.
> >
> > Maybe this should bee change on the "Supported Devices" pages.
>
>  I never compiled a list of supported devices for the epson2 drive 'cos
>  I supposed they were the ones from epson plus a few more.
>
>  maybe it's time do to that, but I don't have reports for the whole
>  range of devices. I don't think I have introduced incompatibilities but
>  I can't be sure.
If I remenber right, then the epson2 driver has not been out with a release
yet, when it comes out you proberly will get some reports, I will keep an eye
on the list. The only reason I found your driver was because I need some of
the commands not in the epson driver and I started to write them my self but
before I realy got started I found that you have done the  job (thank you).
The only error I found was a memory leak with (real) big images, the rest was
some epson 4990 problems, and I think there will maybe be some with the
others epson scanners, but I don't hope - I only have a 4990 to do test on,
sorry for that.

Best
Claus