[sane-devel] plustek backend & buttons

Jean-Christophe 'Jice' Cardot sane at cardot.net
Thu Feb 1 22:55:24 CET 2007

Hi

I'm developping a scanner's buttons GUI + daemon based on sane
(http://cardot.net/KScannerButtons and sanebuttonsd daemon), and I added
support for the plustek backend recently (not on the dopwnloadable version).

For one user it works perfectly (Canon N67OU/LIDE20), but I've reports that
this scanner: "KYE/Genius ColorPage-HR6 V2 USB flatbed scanner"
does not work. The buttons are not recognised at all by the backend.

The user tells me that the scanbuttonsd daemon (that you can find on
sourceforge) can partially handle this scanner as long as you patch the
sources to add the scanner usb ids. (but this one does not make use of sane
at all, they manage the scanner directly with libusb)

Can sby please help me? Is the plustek maintainer reading this list?

Thanks in advance
--
Jean-Christophe "Jicé" Cardot - http://lea-linux.org