[sane-devel] plustek backend & buttons

Jean-Christophe 'Jice' Cardot sane at cardot.net
Fri Feb 2 20:51:33 CET 2007

Le vendredi 2 février 2007 07:28, Gerhard Jaeger a écrit :
> On Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2007, Jean-Christophe 'Jice' Cardot wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm developping a scanner's buttons GUI + daemon based on sane
> > (http://cardot.net/KScannerButtons and sanebuttonsd daemon), and I added
> > support for the plustek backend recently (not on the dopwnloadable
> > version).
> >
> > For one user it works perfectly (Canon N67OU/LIDE20), but I've reports
> > that this scanner: "KYE/Genius ColorPage-HR6 V2 USB flatbed scanner"
> > does not work. The buttons are not recognised at all by the backend.
> >
> > The user tells me that the scanbuttonsd daemon (that you can find on
> > sourceforge) can partially handle this scanner as long as you patch the
> > sources to add the scanner usb ids. (but this one does not make use of
> > sane at all, they manage the scanner directly with libusb)
> >
> > Can sby please help me? Is the plustek maintainer reading this list?
>
> Yes.
>
> What excactly do you need? I don't get the message! I've never had
> such a device on my desk, so you'll the user to help you to find
> out how the buttons are connected and in the end how the
> ASIC is configured to read out the values correctly.

Hi

the device is a Genius ColorPage-HR6 V2 USB flatbet scanner
from lsusb: ID 0458:2007 KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems) ColorPage-HR6 V2

it's supported by the plustek backend according to one of my users. The
backend reports buttons, but they don't seem to work with this scanner.

the buttons can work with your backend (for example the Canon N67OU/LIDE20
seems to work perfectly), but not with this device.

what can I do to find out how the buttons are working, and may be add support
in your backend?

TIA
> - Gerhard
>
> BTW: What do you mean by "adding the usb ids"? To what?

to the sources of another project named scanbuttonsd.

--
Jean-Christophe "Jicé" Cardot - http://lea-linux.org