[sane-devel] sm3600 issues

Richard Werst rbwerst at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:17:49 CET 2007

I have some time today (Friday) if any one would be able to point me in
the right direction on this issues I am having with this sm3600 backend
in Fedora 6.  I think it may be an issue with the USB (libusb?) but I am
not sure how to follow up on it.  I know enough to follow instructions
and to possibly be dangerous with Linux...and I would like to get this
scanner working so that I can start scanning in some old family photos.

As old as it is it may be in the best interest of my sanity to upgrade
to something with a little higher resolution (I write for a newspaper
and occasionally need to scan something for publication) that is more
easily integrated with the newer kernel...so I am entertaining
suggestions for new scanner models.

If someone has time they can email me directly:

rbwerst at gmail.com

Thanks

Richard