[sane-devel] Flatbed scanner that can scan to the edge?

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Feb 28 12:03:00 CET 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 19:38:58 Felix E. Klee wrote:
> At Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:52:55 +0100,
> Jens Gulden wrote:
> > - BUT: it scans right to one edge. Plustek claims to even have
> >   patented this "invention"...
>
> You must've misunderstood me: I need a scanner that can scan right to
> the edge of the *glass plate*.  In fact, before getting the Epson 3490,
> I thought that every modern scanner can do this.
>
> I do not need a special book scanner.

Avision bookedge A3 scanner. The A4 version unfortunatly is not support
(it's CPU-less and thus requires an 2nd avision, avision-cpuless, backend.
I have the "SPECs", but not yet the time to write it ...

But the A3 devices are great :-)

http://www.google.com/search?&q=Avision+FB6000E
http://www.google.com/search?&q=Avision+FB6080E

Yours,