[sane-devel] SANE2, time for a decision

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sun Jan 7 02:16:57 CET 2007

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:31:03 +0100
Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> wrote:

> Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:
>
> >  A fork will inevitably lead to more features
> >  and that might as well turn into sane2.
>
> Or to an utter failure.
>
> You need to calm down and think this through.
>
> Henning told you that already, Oliver just told you that too. Are you
> going to start listening, or continue banging your head against the
> wall ?

 Julien, the problem is that sane2 hasn't happened in the last years
 and if things are not going to change it will not happen.

 The first draft I can see is dated in mid 2002. We are in 2007 now.

 Something must change and I see no signs that is is going to happen.
 I don't have any particular need for sane2 but nonetheless I'm trying
 to gather support for it. I'm trying to do things in a different way
 than before, to see if this can lead somewhere.

 Thinking and planning is surely important but code needs
 to be written from time to time.

 SANE2 is not so different that a forked SANE1 cannot evolve into.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy