[sane-devel] Fail to scan with Epson perfection v10

Jonne Zutt j.zutt at tudelft.nl
Sun Jan 7 23:03:34 CET 2007

Dear Sane developers,

Recently I've bought an Epson Perfection v10, and I'd love to make this
work under Linux (Fedora Core 6) as well (windows works), but I run
into troubles here.

$ sane-find-scanner |grep 0x04b8
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x012d [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:005:006

$ xsane
-> uses my TV-card. Does not present a dialog box at start-up, so I guess
it cannot detect my scanner?

$ iscan
-> immediately fails with messagebox "Could not send command to scanner.
Check the scanner's status.".
At that moment, my scanner is connected to power and usb.

$ rpm -qa |grep sane
libsane-hpaio-1.6.10-1.fc6.4
sane-backends-1.0.18-5.fc6
sane-frontends-1.0.14-1.2.2