[sane-devel] Re: Epson CX11 network scan support?

Stephen More stephen.more at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:53:43 CET 2007

On 1/5/07, Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-sane-devel at apartia.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 01:01:48PM +0100, Alessandro Zummo wrote:

> OK, it works now, thanks.
>
> Here a quick'n dirty script to scan to PDF:
>
>         #!/bin/sh
>
>         case $1 in
>                 "")
>                 echo "Usage: scan2pdf <filename>"
>                 exit 65
>                 ;;
>                 *)
>                 FORMAT=$1-%d
>                 ;;
>         esac
>
>         scanimage -d epson2:cx11nf.apartia.fr --mode Color \
>                 --source "Automatic Document Feeder"  --resolution 150 --format tiff \
>                 --quick-format A4 --batch=$FORMAT
>
>         convert -compress JPEG2000 -quality 50 $1-* $1.pdf
>         acroread $1.pdf

This is great !

Should TCP/IP be added to the bus type on Supported Scanners - Search
Engine ( http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl ) ??

I have been waiting for network scanning support in SANE. I am going
to start shopping for an Epson CX11. Are there other networking models
that work with the epson2 driver ?

-Thanks
Steve More