[sane-devel] Medion MD90090 Scanner

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camline.com
Tue Jan 9 23:28:29 CET 2007

Am Tuesday 09 January 2007 08:16 schrieb Gerhard Jaeger:
> On Monday 08 January 2007 23:35, Stefan Leichter wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > accoreding to
> > http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html#Z-MEDION-LIFETEC-TEV
> >ION-CYTRON and http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/tevion-md90070.html
> > yor scanner should be the same as my Tevion MD 90070.
> >
> > I currently trying to integrate support for this scanner into the
> > mustek_usb2 backend. This is the good new.
> >
> > The bad new is that i have now ask two time for help on the sane-devel
> > mailing list and i did not any response (maybe this is the reason why the
> > list of unsupported scanners is so long).
>
> You have not asked for help, you simply asked for integration -

Really? Looks like we have a different understanding of the english language.

I allways tried hard to tell you that i will do the modification myself if
someone would tell me how to continue from the state where i have been. Looks
like iI was not suiccessful so far

> that's the difference. If you come back with some specific questions
> regarding  integration, then I'm pretty sure you'll got some help.

I'm a newbe and i don't get paid for working on OSsoftware. Therefore i like
to do the stuff in an efficient way or leave it as it is. I don't like to
spend ages.

I have no idea if it is enough to switch on some sane logging and compare the
output wiith the logs from windows, or is there a need do disassemble the
scanner to get a knowledge of the electrical components. Will the programmers
manual of the ASIC be enough or are the schematics needed...

This are informations i expected to get from some of the experienced members
of this list ..

> > So the chances are very low to get support for these scanners into the
> > next release of sane.
>
> Depends on you.

Partly

Stefan