[sane-devel] How to use Dextra Scanner DF-1200+ with sane-teco1

pkl at go4more.de pkl at go4more.de
Fri Jan 19 20:21:08 CET 2007

Hello SANE-Experts,

I am trying to get my oldie Dextra scanner to work with Linux and SANE

ubuntu6.10 (2.6.17) -  sane-backends-1.0.18

With scanimage --mode Grayscale   scanning works fine - output-sheet ok.

The problem:  scanimage --mode Color    scanning works for all three
passes R,G,B but the output-sheet colors are wrong - blue fails,
no error messages detected.

Then I look with a hexeditor into the output.png file - all data bytes
for the Blue-channel = 00 ,Red and Green-channel data ok.

(The Scanner itself is ok, works in colormode with twain/Win98)

cat /proc/scsi/scsi
  Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Dextra   Model: DF-1200+         Rev: 1.03
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

scanimage -L
device `teco1:/dev/scanner' is a Relisys AVEC Colour 2412 flatbed
scanner

FCC-ID:E80VM3520

How can I use these "untested" Scanner with sane-teco1 ?

Thanks Regards

Peter