[sane-devel] x1250 not work

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jan 24 06:44:05 CET 2007

Le samedi 20 janvier 2007 09:58, Dani ele a écrit :
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x043d, product=0x007d, chip=rts8858c) at
> libusb:002:006
>
> Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
>   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>

> The backend lexmark from our site failes to compile but fortunatelly the
> lexmark library is before the error.
>
> make install copy perfectly these library but not work (xsane,xscanimage)
>
> An help please? The chip seems the same of other scanner supported.
>
> My system is a gentoo linux amd64 updated
> Esprimiti: personalizza la tua home page con Live.com.
> http://www.live.com/

	Hello,

	it isn't clear to me what version of the backend you tried. Was it the
regular sane-backends or the experimental lexmark repository ? In both cases
the failling compilation messages would have interesting.

	You can provide more details why the frontends don't work by running
scanimage in a command shell with debug activated by typing the following
commands:

export SANE_DEBUG_LEXMARK=255
scanimage -L

	Send the output of these commands so we can understand what is going on.

Regards,
	Stef