[sane-devel] HP psc 2175 scanner curiosity

PF sanedevel at ch.pkts.ca
Sun Jan 28 08:00:18 CET 2007

Hi..

My HP psc 2175 printer/scanner seems to be working perfectly, but I'm a
little concerned.  With xsane, I scanned a normal page at 200dpi and
full color, and then, inside xsane, zoomed into the picture at 400%.

The problem is there seems to be jpeg-like artifacts around the letters!
What is going on?  Is the scanner sending jpeg data over the usb link,
or is there a conversion step to jpeg and back behind the scenes?  Does
this happen with all scanners?

(I'm using Fedora 6.)

Thanks!
--