[sane-devel] Lexmark x1185 Can't Find Home

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Jan 30 07:07:18 CET 2007

Le lundi 29 janvier 2007, Robert Price a écrit :
> Thanks.  Using this package, the scanner tries to back up past the physical
> end, then moves forward a bit, then tries backing up again repeatedly till
> killed.  While this is happening, the debug output repeats:
>
> [lexmark] x1100_usb_bulk_read: returned size = 3 (required 3)
> [lexmark] x1100_usb_bulk_read: returned size = 3 (required 3)
> [lexmark] x1100_usb_bulk_read: returned size = 2500 (required 2500)
> [lexmark] x1100_usb_bulk_read: returned size = 3 (required 3)
> [lexmark] x1100_usb_bulk_read: returned size = 3 (required 3)
> [lexmark] x1100_usb_bulk_read: returned size = 2500 (required 2500)
>
> This does appear to be progress, however, as before it would just keep
> straining to back up past the physical end and now it seems to recognize it
> is at the end after a second or less and moves forward then tries again.
> Again, your efforts are deeply appreciated and hope the above suggests a
> solution.
>
> Bob

	Hello,

	could you use scanimage to try to do a scan and send debug output to a log
file ? The attached file will create a scan.log in
lexmark_testing/sane-backend-1.0.18 will do such. It has to be saved and run
in the lexmark_testing directory. There will be also a number of *.pnm file
in the lexmark_testing/sane-backend-1.0.18 directory. Please send the log and
image files to me (they will be to big for the list), so I can try to see how
to make things further.

Regards,
	Stef