[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490: now always warming up with each individual scan

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Jan 31 00:31:05 CET 2007

Bauke Jan Douma <bjdouma at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Bauke Jan Douma wrote on 28-01-07 16:19:
>> I noticed now that the carriage isn't returned properly,
>> stops about 1/3 in the return.  It's being returned
>> properly first when a next scan happens. What gives?
>
> ... but then after that next scan the same thing happens.
> This is with sane-backends-1.0.1[678].
>
> I tried to 'reset' the scanner by pulling the plug at the
> moment when the carriage reaches its initial position after
> a scan command has been given, before the actual scan is
> carried out, but after the scan is completed it again stops
> at about 1/3 on the home stretch.
>
> The scanner worked without a hitch before with at least
> sane-backends-1.0.16.
>
> Any advice, or anyone experience with this?

I haven't seen this happening but then again I'm not using the
snapscan backend ;-)

You could try iscan with the non-free binary-only (i386) plugin this
model needs.  Downloadable via:

  http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/