[sane-devel] Epson Photo 4490 Scanner

Claude Sutton claudesutton at suttonmachine.com
Wed Jul 4 23:56:01 UTC 2007

I followed Olaf's instructions and after the reinstall, no contact with the
scanner.

So I ran sane-find-scanner and:

> sane-find-scanner returns the following and I have no idea what to do
> with
> the information.
>

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x0c88, product=0x17da) at libusb:006:002
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x0483 [STMicroelectronics], product=0x2016
> [Biometric Coprocessor]) at libusb:004:003

I have an Epson Photo 4490 scanner.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to try next?

scanimage -L gave no results.

CSSJR
--

If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom