[sane-devel] fujitsu illegal request: invalid field in parm list

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:01:39 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Tim McGuire <tmcguire at go-integral.com> wrote:
> In reading the recent messages I've seen a couple of cases with Fujitsu backend like (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2007-April/018982.html)
> and
> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.scanning.sane.devel/10792)
> where ..

<snip>

> well, sorry to dump more on, but me too.  This is happening with every combination of parameters I try
> I've got a fi-5750C (with USB) Suse 10.2
> I'm using fujitsu backend 1.0.33 as you can see and I see there is a newer one (1.0.47) in CVS, but that the most recent poster has similar issue with the 1.0.47.

different issue. dont use scanadf to scan from a flatbed, unless you
are going to add the -s 1 -e 1 options. there was a subsequent mail
about that.

> I'd like to know if there are some arguments from the command line I can fiddle with to make the scanner happy?  Or, some other remediation.  Would it be worth it to grab the 1.0.47 version? Would it be worth it to try the SCSI?

just go with what is in cvs HEAD now, 1.0.50. it should support your
scanner out of the box. i am not convinced that i ever got the
pixel-shifting problem solved, however. that would manifest as weird
stair-stepping patterns in the output but only at certain scan widths.

if you see that problem, we just need to set a flag in the code for
that model to fix it.

> thanks for all your hard work on this stuff,

it has become a fairly time consuming hobby, yes. but i take great
pride in helping folks wrest control of their machines away from
proprietary software.

allan