[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1660 - Out of memory error

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Tue Mar 13 13:59:51 CET 2007

Dear all,

First of all, thank you for working on sane.
I have been using an Agfa Snapscan 600 for years, without problems.

Now, I would like to use an Epson Perfection 1660, high-speed usb
scanner. My distro is a Debian AMD64 SID / computer AMD64x2, 2Gb RAM.
All software is updated to last Debian SID versions. Scanner is
connected to a high-speed 2.0 usb port.

Everything works fine in low resolutions (<= 1200 dpi).
When choosing color/1600 dpi or more, xsane prints the following error:
Out of memory. Any idea?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré