[sane-devel] Fujitsu 5650C not working

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 18:02:45 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Juan Pablo Mendoza <jpablo at qualitypost.com.mx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Fujitsu 5650C it's marked as supported in the sane page but its
> not working for me.
>
> It linear mode after doing a scanimage it gets a page from the feeder
> but then stops halfway and the page gets stuck in the scanner until I
> disconnect the USB cable, then the scanner just ejects the page.
>
> I see the device as:
> Bus 004 Device 007: ID 04c5:10ad Fujitsu, Ltd
>
> You can  see the debug output of a scanimage run in Linear mode in:
>
> http://linuxuanl.org/~jpablo/debug.txt

hmm. an invalid params error after you have already transferred the
first block.  that seems odd. but, it sounds like the fi-5900, which
has some scan size limitations and is also a large format (12x35 inch)
scanner. can you try making some small Lineart scans, and vary the
width a little and see if that helps?

> When I scan in color mode it works, but the page is repeated three times
> in the resulting image.

can you show a small sample of that? i bet we are using the wrong
color interlace mode, it can be fixed easily, if we can determine
which one to use...

> I'm using sane 1.0.18 as included in last debian unstable.

can you try running the version that is in sane cvs instead? there
have been a few bug fixes and features added.

allan