[sane-devel] LIde 20 scanner & kernels newer than 2.6.20-9

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 13:02:27 UTC 2007

El Fri, 30 de Mar de 2007, a las 06:52:06PM -0700, Dean Loros dijo:
> I, along with several Ubuntu users (Feisty Fawn testing) have had a
> problem with sane & the USB_SUSPEND kernel option. Please take a look at
> one of the reported bugs at:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/85488
>
> I would really like a working scanner & this seems to be a problem
> between suspend for laptops & USB issues with desktop units.

I'm using backend with no problems in kernel 2.6.20 disabling such
option. Most backends use libusb to establish communitation between device
and PC. Libusb doesn't provide functions to check that condition. May be
I'm wrong but If it's not a kernel problem (USB_SUSPEND is yet experimental)
I think that problem must be fixed in libusb libraries.

Jonathan Bravo