[sane-devel] problem while found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 1.50" at /dev/sg0

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Tue May 1 07:56:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 02:13:07AM +0200, Sigurd Stordal wrote:
> On Monday 30 April 2007 21:34:15 Y P wrote:
> > but xsane seems to find his Logitech QuickCam and doesn't give him the
> > choice to tell that's his intensions are to scan, not to webcam

> 1. Check the config file for the scanner, and see if the /dev/sg0 entry has
> been uncommented.

Where is this config file you are talking about supposed to be? he
started xsane where he saw his webcam instead of his scanner;
I personally use a script under commandline.

> 2. Check if you need firmware.
How can he know he needd such firmware? scanner is a scsi Agfa snapscan
1236?
The doc at the sane archive doesn't talk about it he said.

> 3. Check that you are a member of the scanner group (if he types "groups" in
> terminal it will show the groups he are members of, if he is not a member of
> the scanner group then he had to add this group to his user.

This all was ok, I simply add to my information that under /dev there is
a link sg0 with the ownership  root  scanner

YP