[sane-devel] Scanner not recognised

Robin Stewart s48264 at bluebottle.com
Sat May 5 11:07:02 UTC 2007

I have three scanners on my Ubuntu standalone PC. The two being
recognised are the Lexmark x73 and the Cannon Pixma750. My Visioneer
XP450 is showing in the Device Manager of Ubuntu but does not appear in
xsane or gscan2pdf. The Visioneer is supported by the Avision backend,
which I assume is included in the Ubuntu package without me having to
add anything. I have tried the Ubuntu support forum but have not had any
helpful advice as to how to proceed. Can anyone here help me?

Robin

Get a free email address with REAL anti-spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com