[sane-devel] [RFC] On libsane symbols visibility

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:29:58 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> wrote:
> "Ilia Sotnikov" <hostcc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know if a clean libcheck is mandatory/enforced as far as
> native win32 is concerned; I think it can't be avoided if part of the
> portable function library is used.

As far as I understand, it's not enforced, but highly recommended/good
coding style. Although, if hiding some symbols would introduce a lot
of portability problems, it should be avoided, in my opinion.

Deciscion: don't introduce additional complexities and let some
additional symbols to be present as exported under some platforms (eg.
Win32)?

--
 Ilia Sotnikov