[sane-devel] [RFC] On libsane symbols visibility

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed May 9 23:22:30 UTC 2007

Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> writes:

> Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Seconded, but sane-backends uses libtool so I think you can achieve
>> what you are trying to quite easily without modifying sources using
>> one of the following options:
>>
>>   -export-symbols SYMFILE
>>                     try to export only the symbols listed in SYMFILE
>>   -export-symbols-regex REGEX
>>                     try to export only the symbols matching REGEX
>>
>> Haven't tried this myself so YMMV.
>
> That would be an excellent solution, provided it works with our
> modified version of libtool (for those unaware of it, sane-backends
> uses a slightly modified libtool version, so be careful if you feel
> like updating it :)

Very much aware of the modifications ;-)

AFAIK, the mods only muck with the library's soname, so I'd expect the
above options to work okay.  I'll see if I can find some time to give
this a try.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen             FLOSS Engineer -- EPSON AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/