[sane-devel] Crash problem with Nikon LS-20 on Ubuntu 7.04 PPC

Kevin Moloney Kevin.Moloney at Colorado.EDU
Fri May 11 15:10:21 UTC 2007

Hello Sane people,

I'm trying to revive my old Nikon LS-20 SCSI scanner on an Apple
Powerbook G3 Wallstreet running Ubuntu 7.04.

The SANE distro included with Ubuntu initially recognizes the
scanner, but then pops up an error message two or three times saying:

Failed to obtain value of option source: Invalid argument.

After closing the error message for the third time, SANE crashes.
Then I can't access the scanner without a reboot.

Suggestions? Permissions problem? SCSI problem? Hardware problem?

SANE has worked before with this scanner, on the same machine but
running YDL 4.

I'm not the most fluent in Linux, so if the answer is obvious, my
apologies.

Kevin
--
"When people start talking of man's inhumanity to man it means they
actually haven't walked far enough." -- Bruce Chatwin

Kevin Moloney Photography
303/604-9860 phone
http://www.KevinMoloney.com/