[sane-devel] [FYI] new ls5000 backend

Major A andras at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 12 19:02:30 UTC 2007

> If anybody wants to do it, all the better, but if it makes the code as
> unreadable and stupid as it was in coolscan2.c (like parsing bytes from
> a string at runtime...) then I will not take such a patch nor help
> maintain a forked version.

Please note that the author of coolscan2 is reading this list and
might be offended by such unqualified and inappropriate remarks.

Or is my code really that bad? Or maybe the "stupid" functions you
refer to were added by others?

Trying to use the latest language features is one thing, writing
robust and portable code is another. If you can't read the latter,
there isn't much I can do.

  Andras